Wednesday, September 9, 2009

betty crocker clinic

      ... is right where I'm headed unless I limit my baking to, ohhh, two times a week. Okay, maybe three. The most effective way to introduce change is to take baby steps, correct? That's what I'll keep telling myself while I continue to produce muffin pan after cookie sheet after pie tin of baked goods and whimper about perfecting various frostings.

      I should warn you: this post is useless. Its sole purpose is to remind me about what I need to write about, either tomorrow or... later...

      I baked cornbread muffins on Sunday. (yes, the same Sunday that the cinnamon sugar peach galette was baked)

      Then baked an heirloom tomato, cheddar and corn pie on Tuesday.

      And then baked chocolate cupcakes with a cinnamon vanilla brown sugar frosting tonight.

      I have no pictures of the muffins. But my roommate took pictures of the pie construction, and I took a single photo of a cupcake with frosting, just because the batch sort of exploded in my oven and I was in one of my whip-up-a-chocolate-situation-in-twenty-minutes moods, so didn't bother to document the process. I will say this, however: those impatient streaks rarely do me any good. If I had taken the time to actually measure the batter before dumping it in the muffin tins, maybe I wouldn't have had to spend twenty minutes scrubbing muffin mistakes from the counter, oven, pans, my arms...

      So stay tuned!... All one or two of you! Recipes and commentary to ensue shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment